Geovative Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Support > GeoTour Web Application
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Different POI on same road

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geovative Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2008 at 9:02pm
Ed,
Thanks for the great idea. We will test it here on a nuvi and see if it works.

Thanks again, Scott
AutomatedTours View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AutomatedTours Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2009 at 6:00pm

Hi Scott,

Waiting on your report in reference to the overlapping circles.  Did you have an opportunity to test it on other devices?

Ed
geovative View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geovative Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2009 at 7:13am
Ed,
Sorry for the late reply. My wife had our second child in early December and due to some complications we ended up spending nearly 3 weeks in the hospital. Everyone is doing great now, but that obviously affected my time to test.

I have tested this on a Nuvi 750, and it works great! The only problem I ran into was the distance between the two locations. I ended up having to put them about half a city block apart. Otherwise, the opposite location might trigger before the one in the direction I was going. This is likely just due to the GPS accuracy. Putting them roughly 1/2 a city block apart seemed to do the trick, and as long as the audio on the track in the direction I was going was long enough to allow my car to pass through and beyond the opposite direction's proximity circle before stopping, it worked great.

Thanks for the great suggestion. I have only tested on a nuvi 750 so far, but I am assuming it will work the same way on all devices that support the Garmin TourGuide format.

Thanks again, Scott

Edited by geovative - 08 Jan 2009 at 7:14am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic