Geovative Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Support > GeoTour Web Application
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Different POI on same road

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hdhannah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Feb 2008 at 5:46am
Yes it is.
Place the POI location on the right side in the direction you are traveling. Then set the proximity to only cover the lane or lanes for that direction.  There is an example in Kentucky, "Fort Knox Gold Depository" TourGuide, which uses 2 POIs, one for northbound traffic, which says the POI is on your "right side" and the southbound which says "left side". Foe each POI you have to associate a different VOICE.MP3 file.

Hope this helps....

Small 2 lane roads may be more difficult.
geovative View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geovative Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2008 at 3:47pm
hdhannah - Thanks for the great working example of this concept!
AutomatedTours View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AutomatedTours Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2008 at 7:31am
I believe that the easiest way to handle this is to trick the device.
Or rather use the device's default setup against itself.

The device, or at least my ZUMO will continue to play a POI until the end of the file.  I will get a chime and the screen will tell me that I entered a new POI, but it won't stop playing the current POI.

Even if you enter a new POI's radius while one POI is playing, it will put that new POI in que to play immediately following the old POI.

However, (with my ZUMO)  If you are no longer inside the new POI's radius, my ZUMO will not play the next waypoint.

You need to create 2 slightly overlaping way points.  Point 1 going north activates and it recognizes point 2 as you enter the new POI's radius. But it doesn't activate because it is still playing point 1.  Point one needs to have an audio file that is longer than the time it takes you to drive thru point 2 so that when it is finished, you are no longer inside the radius of point 2.  At this point nothing should happen. And point 2 will be ignored by the unit.

Just work it in reverse for the opposite direction.  You could even use simple music or an inconsequential message to trick the device.

Hope this helps,

Ed
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic