Geovative Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Feedback
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

default radius for POIs

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bneedham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: default radius for POIs
    Posted: 11 Nov 2009 at 2:36pm
The Lite version default radius for triggering a point of interest is 500 feet, which in downtown Hillsboro, Oregon is an area of 4 square blocks.  This effectively makes it impossible to create city walking tours with the Lite account.

Today is my first day trying Geovative, and the fact that I can't create a simple walking tour is a pretty strong disincentive to explore further.

Brad
P.S., I agree with the other forum members that the pricing for the for-pay capabilities eliminates amateurs and non-profits - I imagine that's your intent, so I can't really argue with that.
fastlane View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fastlane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2009 at 2:35am
Brad,

Thank you for using GeoTour and for your post. I understand the limitation you're facing and the frustration you may be experiencing due to that. The purpose, or intent, of our pricing is not to "eliminate amateurs and non-profits" -- we didn't set out to form a company with the mission of eliminating amateurs and non-profits; we formed a company with the mission of providing GPS touring software. Operating Geovative Solutions costs money. The purpose of our pricing is so that we can bring money in, which we use to keep our company running and to continue developing our technology. Prices that are too low don't provide us with enough revenue to sustain our company. And providing a free plan that is too fully featured means less users will subscribe to a paying plan, so again it hurts the revenue. Ideally we'd like to provide software at pricing where everyone can afford the plan they want and we can continue growing our company, but in reality the need to bring in revenue means some will be priced out. We'll reconsider the feature set of our Lite plan and take your comments into consideration. Thank you again for your feedback.

Lane
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic