Geovative Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Support > GeoTour Mobile Applications
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Get maps displayed

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tharnjaggar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Get maps displayed
    Posted: 21 Sep 2008 at 8:54am
Hi there,

I made a few tests exporting a tour from GeoTours Web and importing it on GeoTours mobile.
But in mobile, it always shows all the markers of my tour over a white background.
How can I get maps displayed there instead ?
Can a map be displayed? and is it possible even when offline ?

I'm used to Mobile GMaps where we can easily generate map pictures for offline usage on mobile devices. Would be good to know how to have maps together with the functionality of GeoTours.

Best regards
/tharn
geovative View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geovative Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2008 at 12:04pm
Hi,
Thanks for your message.  Unfortunately, there's no way currently to view maps within GeoTours Mobile.  The "map" shows the tour locations, the user's current location, and the user's tracklog as points plotted on a white background.  We have not yet added additional mapping features due to time and resource constraints.  However, there are some possbilities to add more mapping capabilities.  If you'd like to discuss some of these features and the possibility of adding these features as a custom development project for you, PM me.

Thanks, Scott
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic