Geovative Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Support > GeoTour Mobile Applications
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

creating a Mobile Tour

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wabbits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: creating a Mobile Tour
    Posted: 02 Aug 2007 at 7:39pm
I realize I just figured out how to load the tours but I was wondering if there were detailed instructions anywhere on how to CREATE them. I am going to be in a good area this weekend to take some sample pictures and coordinates with good information on some sight seeing and wanted to see what I would want to be ready to do so that I have all the information when I return to create a good tour.

Thanks! Big%20smile
geovative View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geovative Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2007 at 6:33am

Creating a tour using GeoTours Web is simple.  It's just a matter of getting the information (images, audio, geographic location, etc.).

I realize that this message may be a little late for your trip, but hopefully you were able to get some great pictures.  Once you have the pictures, simply follow the following steps:

1. Log into GeoTours Web
  2. Upload the image and/or audio files to your File Repository (shown as "Files" on the menu
  3. Create a tour and specify it's name, description, etc.
  4. Add your locations.  Locations may be added by specifying address, the lat/lon coordinates, or zooming to an area on the map and "clicking" the location.  The easiest way is by address, buy if you were in a location with no addresses (a national park for instance) you may be better off by clicking on the map to select the location. 

If I had replied sooner, I would have recommended to create a waypoint using your GPS device at each location where you took a picture.  Then you could have uploaded that information to our site to create the locations for your tour and then associate the images with the applicable locations.

Thanks, Scott
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic