Geovative Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Feedback
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Premium pricing

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BBJohnnyT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Premium pricing
    Posted: 18 Aug 2008 at 11:37am
I just wanted to let you know that I love GeoTours!  I just created my first GeoTour and I have considered upgrading to Premium and posting this tour as tour for sale (once I embellish it some more).  However, I decided against upgrading to Premium for 3 specific reasons:

1. The current Premium pricing scheme is not cost effective at all.  At $25 per month, I would have to sell many copies every month just to break even, and from the looks at other popular GeoTours, there are not that many views of these tours, and I doubt many of those views turned into actual sales.  I suggest getting rid of the monthly fee and going to a straight percentage based commission structure, similar to eBay listings.  Maybe a posting fee (say, 5 dollars) for a new GeoTour and then a pecentage of each sale.  This structure seems more reasonable, especially when there is not much traffic on this site yet.
  2. The 250MB Premium allocation may seem like a lot, but in my first GeoTour, I've already used up 2.6MB (or 10% of my current 25MB allocation) on audio and images for just 13 POIs.  I made very efficient use of space by keeping the audio to 30 seconds or less and encoding them at 48kbps (about AM radio quality) and sizing all the images to just 320x240 jpegs.  I'd like to create GeoTours of real estate MLS POIs, many with audio and photos, but I may quickly hit the 250MB cap.
  3. I do not like how a GeoTour for sale can be viewed, in its entirety, on the web site.  This greatly reduces a potential customer's incentive to purchase and download it.  I suggest having the option to restrict viewing the POIs in a GeoTour, or better yet, allow only the first 1, 2, 3, etc. POIs to be viewed (we can set this number).  This would allow a potential customer to "preview" a GeoTour and leave them wanting more.

Thanks and keep up the good work!
fastlane View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fastlane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2008 at 7:54pm
Thank you for your compliments and constructive criticism.  We've read through all your comments and if you would like to discuss them through email or phone, I'd be open to that.  If so, email me at lroney@geovative.com to let me know.
Stellar7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stellar7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2009 at 8:16pm
I just wanted to say how sad I am at the pricing. Over the past few months I was telling friends and anyone I could about your niche program. I had a similar idea and got online to see if there were anything like it- and that's how I found you.

However, as I cannot afford the pricing you set, I will be looking elsewhere. I was excited about the grass-roots beginnings and had hoped you would remain as close to open-source as you had. If you ever come back to the common persons level, let me know. Its a great product and very useful tool.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic