Geovative Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Entering multiple Addresses at once

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sdeman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Entering multiple Addresses at once
    Posted: 06 Feb 2008 at 3:06pm

Hello,

Great site.  Very well done.

I have a question about uploading several locations at once.  Your site is excellent when loading one location at a time.  When uploading multiple locations, your site instructs me to upload a GPX file.  How do I create a GPX file to be uploaded?  I currently have the addresses saved in an Excel file.  Would I need to provide the coordinates along with the addresses when making a GPX file or will your site convert the address to GPS coordinates like it does when entering one address at a time?

Thank you very much for your feedback. 

PS - If there's a solution to my question, I'll be excited to upgrade to the Premium version.

Thanks again.

- Steve

geovative View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geovative Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2008 at 3:23pm
Steve,
Thanks for the post.

Currently, we only support uploading valid GPX formats that contain lat/lon coordinates and not addresses.  We are working on adding in support for uploading a CSV file that could contain lat/lon or address values, but that is not yet complete.

Here are two options that you can use to create a GPX file and then you can use our site to upload the GPX to create your tour locations:

1. Use Garmin MapSource to create waypoints at each location and then go to File - Save As and specify to save it as a GPX file.
2. Use GPS Visualizer to create a GPX file by giving it a list of addresses.  It will then geocode each address and create a GPX file for you to download.  See here:  http://www.gpsvisualizer.com/geocoder/

Hope that helps!

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks!
Scott
sdeman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sdeman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2008 at 4:52pm
Thank you Scott.  I will try your suggestions and respond back with the results.    - Steve
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic