Geovative Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Feedback
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Using Mac

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdenson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2008 at 8:15pm
I had similar issue trying to upload Tourguide file to Garmin Nuvi 760 on Mac. The upload of the tour worked on the PC using Garmin Communicator Plugin.

I have a tour built, "Phoenix Cameras" with 87 POI's. Each POI has a 2 letter named MP3 file associated with it. When trying to use the single step upload option on my Macbook pro (intel), the file does not show bits uploading, it just goes right to the Transferred message. No files upload to the Nuvi. Also in trying to use the option to create a zip folder, the folder is created but he Garmin POI loader does not recognize the GPX file and will not upload the file or the tour.

The Web based utility is awesome, would be great to have the option to use speed instead of distance.

Happy coding
geovative View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geovative Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2008 at 3:24pm
jdenson-
Did you try using download option #2 for Garmin TourGuide ("Download TourGuide GPI File")? That should allow you to download the GPI file to your Mac and then copy it to the /Garmin/POI folder on your Nuvi 760.

Thanks, Scott
jdenson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdenson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2008 at 8:52pm
Yes, the Garmin POI loader does not recognize the gpi file. The POI loader that mac is distributing is 2.01, it has no manual override. The only thing it allows you to do it pick the file.

I have even tried to let the file upload after the POI loader states it is unrecognized, but the file does not transfer.

Hope that helps

Great product
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic